You'll get a kick out of this Cover!

I never heard it before. Not a bad song. It didn't make me want to jump up and dance around my computer room but, I enjoyed listening to your mix. Did you record all of the tracks yourself? If so, you did a fine job of it. Nice vocals too.

Excellent stuff!, great recording, love the style, good song, the vocals are brilliant too. For some weird reason, it sounds to me like you're signed though :D and i'm afraid that's no compliment when coming from me! I hope i'm wrong and that you'll never sign. Because the record industry should be destroyed....

Shame it's a cover, when do we get some originals from you guys then??

Nice job. Sounded very cool. Can't remember what the original sounded like, but this was cool.
Ed

Well i am signed. but only as a writer, I may be releasing a solo album soon under windup records, but im not going to tour it.

and thank you all for listening.

yes i recoeded all tracks btw, here in my studio.

Excellent mix. Enjoyed this one. Vocals have a crazed hyper quality that fits the lyrics perfectly… at about :50 I was expecting it to morph into a metal version. Tight playing throughout. The guitar intro though has an odd feel to it, maybe caused by the effect on it - kind of slurs it and makes it sound to me like the rhythm articulation of the 16ths is a little off. To my ear the intro'd sound better with a cleaner gtr sound and then work into the more intensely processed tone in the gtr lines later. Other than that, sounds perfect to me.

Tim

good version

I guess the only thing I would comment on is that your vocal sounds a little thin - the singing is great.

What was the miking of the singer like? Effects?

Great vocals, not sure if I've heard this song before, but I like it...

*EDIT* -after listening to this many times, I absolutely love this song!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I had to break the studio down for the hurricane (dennis) but im back now...

Effect wise on the vocals i just used some reverb. then on the spaced out part i used an OVER tweeked Vocal Auto tune. Thats all i have ever really used auto tune for was weird ass vocal effects.

and I used a cheap ass MXL cond. on this tune.

That crappy vocal mic and the way i sing may be why the vocals sound kinda thin.

I sent a copy of this to willy nelson, lol, I will tell you guys what he says about it.

Back