"You Wear It Well".....Anyone here sing like Rod Stewart?

Random dude

I did all the tracks to this, but my vocals don't work with it. When I try to sing like Rod, it sounds phony. When I try to sing in my own voice, it doesn't work.

So If anyone thinks they can do this justice, give it a try. You don't have to sound like ROd. As long as what you do works as a cover.

Here's the instrumental track.
View attachment Wear It NoVox.mp3

Last edited:
For some reason, embedding the player isn't working for me. First time I try uploading something from Drop Box.

But if you click on the song title, it seems to take you to the song.

EdIt: Never mind. I found a solution.

Last edited:
EDIT: Disregard. F**k Drop Box.

This makes no sense. When I first post, it's a valid link. A few minutes later, it tries to turn into a player, but it doesn't play.

Looks like I'm going to abandon Drop Box.

Last edited:
You got any lyrics for this or do we just make it up as we're going along?

Ohh I crack myself up sometimes 😅😂🤣

I'll go away now...

View attachment 137572
OK, what was that? It was actually kind of cool. Is that AI? It sort of sounds like Rod, but the timing and phrasing doesn't sound human.

Please fill me in, I thought it was pretty cool.

Actually, the more I listen, the cooler this is. It's either AI or you found an isolated vocal track and threw it on top of my music track, which would explain why some of the timing is weird. Either way, it was surprisingly cool to hear Rod on my track. :D

Last edited:
OK, what was that? It was actually kind of cool. Is that AI? It sort of sounds like Rod, but the timing and phrasing doesn't sound human.

Actually, the more I listen, the cooler this is. It's either AI or you found an isolated vocal track and threw it on top of my music track, which would explain why some of the timing is weird. Either way, it was surprisingly cool to hear Rod on my track. :D

(Besides all that, I have to say that you completely killed it with over-compression and/or limiting. That's what you call squashing the life out of a mix. But that's neither here nor there. Just an observation). :)
If I wanted to attempt something like this, SpectralLayers 10 in Cubase 13 to extract the vocal from original. If the new track is in a different key, Melodyne to process into the right key. Analyze and quantize the track to match any time issues. No AI needed. Surprisingly not that difficult with the right tools.

Over the last 3 years the advancement of plugins is just insane. There is a guy that was on Twitter and moved to TikTok (probably due to copyright issues), does crazy videos. His username is There I Ruined It or @thereiruinedit. If you go through his Twitter timeline, you see in the video's just how the produced videos take advantage of the advancing tools as they have evolved.

I have all these plugins though I don't have much use for SpectralLayers in my work and use Melodyne very differently.

It's actually a lot easier than that.

Use "Spleeter" and extract the vocal track. It's already in the same key because I did the song in the same key as the original. Now that I think of it, that's probably what Human Planet did. Since I usually do covers at a slightly faster BPM, that might be why he had trouble getting the timing right all the way through.

But, just to be accurate, "Spleeter" uses AI.

(Besides all that, I have to say that you completely killed it with over-compression and/or limiting. That's what you call squashing the life out of a mix. But that's neither here nor there. Just an observation). :)

I did what you and Folkcafe have already surmised. Extracted the vocal in RX and laid it over your track.

My original thinking was that you hadn't mentioned what the instrumental was and therefore anyone that didn't know the song might be a bit lost as to what to sing.

I also thought it might be cool for you to hear Rod on your music.

Compressed it and added reverb just to get it glued quickly, it was meant as a bit of fun not to be taken too seriously :-).

EDIT: Nice playing by the way!!

I did what you and Folkcafe have already surmised. Extracted the vocal in RX and laid it over your track.

My original thinking was that you hadn't mentioned what the instrumental was and therefore anyone that didn't know the song might be a bit lost as to what to sing.

I also thought it might be cool for you to hear Rod on your music.

Compressed it and added reverb just to get it glued quickly, it was meant as a bit of fun not to be taken too seriously :-).

EDIT: Nice playing by the way!!
Oh, it was totally cool. I figured the first part of your post was before you knew it was a cover. Serious or not, I really dig what you did. :)

Back