You may laugh...

Theros

... and get it over with ahead of time... :D

*coughs* anyhows, I suck at writing songs, equipment aint the best, and although I've been around a small while, this is the first recording I've done...

Anyhows, this tune is completly dry, tracked with headphones (No monitors atm) and unmixed, doesnt have drums (im struggling, although its against a kick beat, to fit drums at all), and im wondering whether its even worth keeping... but what I want to know is...

Is the beat in time? Is it possible to rescue anything towards sounding remotely good? If so, how would one go about it... But... if its completely unrescuable, let me know... :)

And yes, I have no-one around at home to listen... and the whole familiarity thing comes in, and I can't even tell if I like it anymore... :confused:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=354527
Song: I need to know

The timing seems pretty good to me, and with some nice drums and bass could be a good track.

Why did you put in in the comedy section? Feeling a bit insecure? :D

I see nothing wrong with the tune. I'd keep working on it. I don't hear any great flaws. Just needs more work. Keep at it.
Ed

Yup MAD, dont post my music normally, funny thing is, I can play other peoples stuff in front of medium audiences(100-200), but one recording is sure enough to put me in my place...

Anyone got any suggestions on how to make this a bit more level sounding, to be honest I havent really done much at all to it... :(

As for the timing, I do suck at timing, maybe it's a diffrence between the app im using for recording and what im generating drums for, but they always seem a little out...

Gonna have another play at the drums I spose...

Theros said:
Yup MAD, dont post my music normally, funny thing is, I can play other peoples stuff in front of medium audiences(100-200), but one recording is sure enough to put me in my place...

Anyone got any suggestions on how to make this a bit more level sounding, to be honest I havent really done much at all to it... :(

As for the timing, I do suck at timing, maybe it's a diffrence between the app im using for recording and what im generating drums for, but they always seem a little out...

Gonna have another play at the drums I spose...
I didn't make any comments on the mix because you said it was not fully mixed. The only thing I really noticed is that the vocals during the verses were much softer (and sometimes indistinct) than during the choruses. Keep in mind my speakers here at work suck. But IMO the timing is more solid than you seem to think. In fact, I'll bet I could play drums to it with no click track without a problem.

The timing sounds fine to me too. I was catching some clipping on the guitar at times, but you haven't done anything with the mix. I say keep working at it because it's a good start.

Can you let me know where abouts that clipping is? :)

Anyhows, Im using FLStudio to generate the drums, but they seem to slip out whilst playing in the app, if I export em as WAV they line up in PT :confused:

Anyone know why this is?

Mad, you're a drummer, got any suggestions for a mild drum beat that would match? I am soooooo bad with drums... Im one of those people who cant spot a loop from real :P

Theros said:
Mad, you're a drummer, got any suggestions for a mild drum beat that would match? I am soooooo bad with drums... Im one of those people who cant spot a loop from real :P
Actually when I was listening to it, I could hear a whole drum part in my head, but it'd be easier for me to play it than to describe it!

:eek: got a drumkit around? Must take ages to record anyhows :rolleyes:

:p Spose thats what makes you a drummer :p that and that awkward co-ordination you guys seem to be able to master...

:cool: I can play drums with one stick and no footpedals.... :D

Theros said:
:eek: got a drumkit around? Must take ages to record anyhows :rolleyes:

:p Spose thats what makes you a drummer :p that and that awkward co-ordination you guys seem to be able to master...

:cool: I can play drums with one stick and no footpedals.... :D
I'd be glad to record some drum tracks for you, but it would be a few days. I normally have my kit all miced up and ready to go, but my band is doing a gig tomorrow so I had to break it all down.

Back