You guys aren't hardcore enough.

I once recorded a bassamp, kick drum and a gutitar amp with the same mic.

I shaped em into a tirangle and placed the mic in the center.

Is that Hardcore :)

I've recorded an amp underwater - is that hardcore or just stupid? Small battery-powered Marshall, wrapped in a rubbish bag and a 58 protected the same way. Both immersed in a bin full of water. Studio floor got wet and it sounded crap.

Also achieved "rando-phase" once by having one guitarist holding the same mini-amp and moving it around in front of the mic while his compadre was playing. That take was a keeper.

Not hardcore? I don't even actually record bands anymore. I remember what the band did, and I simply TELL people what it sounded like.

Ha!

You think you guys are hard core?

Back in my DJ'ing days i was too broke to buy turntables,so i went out to a flea market and bought a non pitch bent old (70's)pioneer turntable,took it apart and put a voltage regulator on a motor(btw belt drive)so the regulator was dangling on a side.

I couldnt afford a second one like that,so i took apart a walkman(casette) and put another regulator there,and was mixing a tape with a record player,you should have seen this picture it was halerious,all my friends thought i have lost my mind....BTW i bought a radioshack mixer :eek: from pawnshop,so you feel my pain!

Anyway i ended up burning everything down after i couldnt come up with a desent mix,lol

I recorded my old band using one SDC (I didn't know what it was at the time). For the kick drum, I used a crappy ribbon mic my bassist got at a garage sale. All this without using a real mixer (I used a Rolls Mini Mixer). AND I got people to buy the album for $2 a copy.

My friend's band just put a computer mic in the middle of their practice space and hit record. That was the biggest mess of noise I've ever heard outside of a noisecore band.

Yea... well...

I drank three-day-old beer with cigarette butts in it last night, while recording my Halloween Epic.
Then chewed some moldy pizza crust to remove tobacco-chunks from between my teeth.
Finally, I celebrated by smoking the filters of cigarette butts.

Sheeeit.

Y'all think you know harcore?

How 'bout back in the wax cylinder days, when they had a room full of musicians, live takes, all the sound being fed through a big-ass horn into the needle of some contraption that scratched a wiggly line into the surface of a wax-coated toilet paper core?

*That* was hardcore. :p

this wont win any prize, but i dont have any reverb effects, and my room isnt very live sounding. Solution? put the mic in the vents.

i dont know about this, but when we needed a mic for the kick drum, we used the drummers sony DJ headphones.

worked very well, i have some songs if anyone cares.

oh yea, i cant beleive i almost forgot, since its all ive been talking about for the past few weeks. It's not exactly recording, but I'm building a drumset with a 28" bass drum, a 24" floor tom, a 18" mounted tom, a 15" marching snare, and a bunch of broken cymbals. HARDCORE.

I have put a 58 in a coffee can with plastic lid with a hole cut out for the cord. I placed the can in different places to see what I could get. Inside back of amp, inside kick drum. I then made holes in it with nails and tried it again. Made an interesting vocal effect, but not something I would use.

That was an hour of my life I wish I had back.

Maxwell House sucks. Maybe I'll switch to Folgers.

Back