You gotta hear this kid

AFter one listen my impression is: Not bad... not bad at all. The way he put the rhymes together shows some talent. I liked the bridge a lot. My only suggestion is the hook in the chorus could be a little stronger, but it's a pretty good song. I kept hoping a band would jump in and really punch up the choruses, but this sounds more like a first draft recording with just acoustic, so I guess I'll have to wait 'til dumbfounded 2.0 for that...

got mojo?
www.voodoovibe.com

Yeah he actualyl plays is with a band - they have two guitars and bass and drums and distortion and stuff. He just played it for me on the acoustic so I could get a recording. I'l be recording their show this friday and maybe I'll post a sample!

Oh man... He had me expecting some hardcore Whiny-emo-dashboard-confessional-wannabe stuff. Which is partially what I got. But I think the vocal style goes a slightly different direction than that. The bridge is cool. Good songwriting.

ncie song man

nice song the bridge was the worst...........................................just kidding that bridge was awsome.

They played a live shwo tonight and I recorded it on minidisc. I'll post a clip...

Here's the best part - the drummer's dad was at the show and told them that if they wanted to go to the studio, he would front the bill!

Good singer,nice voice,good performance but the song does absolutely nothing for me.As cyanjaguar would say"it has no wildcard".LOL....just kind of blah dee blah from start to finish.

Yeah, this is his band's most unfavorite song for that reason. It's the only one that's very popish sounding. Most of their stuff is written in minor keys.

But they predict this one will be their most popular - and I would probably agree.

Kramer said:
Good singer,nice voice,good performance but the song does absolutely nothing for me.As cyanjaguar would say"it has no wildcard".LOL....just kind of blah dee blah from start to finish.
I'm with Kramer on this one. His voice isn't bad... a little dashboard-confessional-ish (as mentioned), but the song just doesn't go anywhere... not bad, but it wouldn't get a second listen from me. I probably wouldn't recognize it if I heard it a second time anyway.

WATYF

Back