Yorkville YSM1P's or M-Audio BX8?

Bighand

I believe the yorkie's are 6.5" woofs. The BX8's are, well, 8".

Would someone care to comment on the comparison?

I like the idea of larger woof, but, I won't be cranking these too loud at mixdown.

(Blue Bear - I'm not exploring with the idea of subwoofer + yorkies at this time. )

Thanks.

[:D]

Yo Large Digits:

You will find much informacion here regarding the Yorkvilles, passive and active.

Just push "da" button and look.

For the money, it's hard to beat the Yorks. I use the passives and they work fine for me but I realize there are many other monitors that I would probably enjoy just as well.

You can reach Yorkville on line and they will give you name of the closest dealer to you. As well, you can check out their latest products.

Happy Spring [soon I hope]
Green Hornet :D :p :cool:

Speeddemon said:
Conclusion:
So, switching back and forth between the SP-8Bs and the BX8s, the versatility of the BX8 won me over. Still I think that the SP-8Bs are a little bit better focussed on the vocal range (which probably has to do with a differently chosen cross-over point), so in the end, I kept the BX8s and returned the SP-8Bs.
As I didn't have to pay anything extra, I basically have the BX8s for $650, which is quite a good deal in The Netherlands. For any US inhabitans it's an even better deal, as most stores sell them for $479, which is just an outright steal!

Highly recommended, when buying your 1st or 2nd set monitors, unless you have more than $800-900 to spend. Then you'd be wise to save up a little for some more high-end stuff, like Mackie, Blue Sky or A.D.A.M.

Speeddemon highly recommends the BX8. Since the price difference here(US) is $50, I too, am leaning at the BX8's.

I've been using the search engine for yorkies for over a month now. Can you kindly point the posts that contain this specific comparison? Hence, there is nothing but positive views of the yorkville product.

If anyone had the choice, where would they put their money?
More importantly, why?

[:D]

YO Extreme Digits:

I REALLY don't know much about the "other' speakers/monitors you are digging.

But, remember, the kid who had to put his finger in the dike to keep the town from flooding.

I really don't know what the hell that means either.

You like the speakers? Buy them. Enjoy them. Yorks are good but there are many, many other better monitors.

Green Hornet :D :p :p :p

Back