Yorkville YSM-1p's monitors price and ?

lbcstudios

hey guys, my friend was gonna get the maudio bx8s for me( i have to pay him back lol.).. the guy said at the store said they sucked.. so he tried sellin him on the samsons 80s... i otld him to check about the
Yorkville YSM1-P's.. the guy said they were also good.. and most of the baord here agrees... so im like 99 % on the decision..

one more thing.. does anyone know a place that sells them online? a few sites maybe? i wont buy em online ... but i want to compare some prices . thanks

I got mine thru Gear1music.com. They were about $450 for the pair. They definitely are an improvement over the stereo speakers I used to use and sound better than the KRK's and Maudios I listened to at Guitar Center......BUT! at certain frequencies something buzzes in them that drives me crazy and my warranty is up. I still like 'em tho.

Ditto on Gear1, that's where I got mine. Lucked into free shipping because they were out of stock for a week or so, so cost was $429 I believe. They seem like a really solid piece of gear. Haven't noticed any buzzing problem in mine Chuck, did yours have that from the start, or did it develop over time?

thanks guys, great help, my friend said about 430.00 .. so im right in the range u guys got em for. do u think ill need to add a sub?

ChuckU said:
BUT! at certain frequencies something buzzes in them that drives me crazy and my warranty is up. I still like 'em tho.
I've got the same prob with mine, but it's just when I drive the lows too much :o .
I got mine from Long & Mcquade $720 Cdn. a pair Ouch! I did'nt bother to shop around :o
do u think ill need to add a sub?
It would most likely fix any over compensating for the lows and I think the sub woud look pretty cool :D

Those Yorkies are incredible for the money. sound, build quality.....good shit. Love mine. Great to work with. I highly recommend them. ---Lee

yeeeehaaaaaa !!!!! cant wait.. 2 more days then i will be able to hear wat im mixing.. although i still have some work to do on room acoustics.

About that sub.....

Hey IBCstudios, you asked about a sub? You may have noticed in the Mixing/Mastering forum I threw in a post about my Yorkvilles. I've been having some problems with the bass being overpowering in my mixes. Sounds fine on the Yorkies, but way too much on a boom-box or car stereo. I've decided to add the Yorkville sub to mine, and see if that helps. I think it's possible that my room is eating up the bass some, but there isn't much I can do to improve it. So, depending on your room etc., you might want to consider the sub.

I had the same problem with the Yorkies. They would buzz at a certain pitch and they would hum after being turned on for a while. The latter I could only hear when the rest of the room was quiet. I since got replacements. Overall: Fair Build, Great Customer Service, Very Good Value

just wanted to tell u guys that i got the yorkvilles for 416.00 , ive mixed on em for 2 days now, and i love them, def. worth the money. im just using cheap guitar cable for the hook up.. can anyone recommend some nice cables for them? 1/4'

My price range for monitors is right there at about 450 as well. I had heard lots of good things about the M Audio BX8s, but when I tried them out at GC they sounded way too bright...not sure if that's typical or not, but they really didn't impress me. They didn't have the Yorkvilles. Has anyone done a direct comparasion between these two?

lbcstudios said:
just wanted to tell u guys that i got the yorkvilles for 416.00 , ive mixed on em for 2 days now, and i love them, def. worth the money. im just using cheap guitar cable for the hook up.. can anyone recommend some nice cables for them? 1/4'

if your handy with a solderer you can make your own canare cables with neutrik connectors

hey teacher, my brother showed me how to make XLR cable, and im pretty good at that. i used canare cable to make them. Is thier a site or anything u know of that showed a diagram of 1'4 inch ? ive never tried making those.

Back