Yo Dawgs

FoulPhil

I am trying to make some metal stuff. I have a short clip here. Does it sound like total ass?

Nice! New Flatulated!

Some of the cymbal work is a little weird. It's disjointed and noisy, but it's also mixed really low; so it ends up just being a bit of background noise.

Nice! New Flatulated!

Some of the cymbal work is a little weird. It's disjointed and noisy, but it's also mixed really low; so it ends up just being a bit of background noise.

Hey thanks man. I'm working out the sounds first this time before I get too deep into recording. This way I have time to work out some ideas and write some riffs. Maybe you guys can help me out. Here's a newer mix and the old one you heard on the original video.

I like where the new one is going, but there is some weird I guess mid range frequencies or something. Which do you think is better?

New

Old

That was really gross!

That's Flatulated's theme. Childishly Gross And Obscene Brutal Death Metal! :D

EDIT.

I just figured it out. It's the bass. Got some funky mids that are taking up too much space and muddying it up a bit. I'll have to work on figuring out a better bass tone...

Shits getting juicy over here. I tried so many damn amp sims and have listen to so many annoying frequency ranges. So very annoying... Fizzling, sizzling, ear ringing frequency ranges... I think I'm on to something now though. Yes, I'm going for that raunchy bass sound. \m/

https://soundcloud.com/flatulated-agonous/mix-4

Last edited:
I thought it had a lot of power. I like the guitar sound too. good riffs. I'm not really a metal head though...
I wouldn't even know where to begin on a drum track like this.
sounds good I think!

Back