Yo, Blue Bear Sound......

smellyfuzz

Well Bruce,

I have been waiting impatiently.

Is the studio up and running and making music and money ?

Any recordings that you can post, I like to hear some new stuff from you.

How about a description on how the new studio is effecting your sound and engineer skills ?

I need info, come up with some... Please.

Sean

Sean..........

The new place FUCKING RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound is awesome... people who come in are blown away by the look and ambience... and even better, I'm getting more and more calls daily....! I'm working with a band on a full CD at the moment...

The flexibility of having 3 different sonic environments (bright, dry, neutral) to choose from makes tracking a dream, and having a good-sounding control room pretty much speaks for itself in terms of the advantages!

I'm loving it more and more everyday....!

As for clips, I haven't really had time to put some together.... it's on my list of things to do though...

Here's a couple for now:

- Goodnight Highway - mix only - at the new facility

- Here Again - mix only - old facility

- Losing You - tracking/mixing - old facility

- Wild Women - tracking/mixing - old facility

ASTONISHING SOUNDING BRUCE !!!!!!

Sweet as sugar.

Bravo !

Question if not to personal;

Assuming that business is good, can or will you make a fair living owning your own joint ?

I know that is not why we get into music, but money is always good to earn.

Sean

smellyfuzz said:
ASTONISHING SOUNDING BRUCE !!!!!!

Sweet as sugar.

Bravo !
'tanks, guys...!

smellyfuzz said:
Question if not to personal;

Assuming that business is good, can or will you make a fair living owning your own joint ?
Yup... so far so good! Better than fair if business continues to progress the way it has been!

HEY BRUCE,

How do you get your work ?

Advertize ? Word of mouth ??

How do you sell to a new client ?

What is your pitch ?

Is there a lot of competition in your area ?

Do you feel that competition is good or bad for your business ?

Do you think that simply the look of a studio is enough to close a band ?

Do you really feel that a band can hear quality, during an initial meeting,
to tell that you are better then most ?

I assume you sell yourself, as an experienced engineer, but so does everyone else.

Years ago, I recorded in a studio, I think the guy was capable, he did have great equipment, but he was no where near the talent of what runs around this web-site.
I've heard PLENTY of home recordings that blew his work away.
He did have experience, I guess not enough.
PLUS, acoustics were never really discussed.

Point is, I did not know how to find someone who really knew what they were doing, his pitch was, "this studio is not like others, our sound is far better." What a sucker I was.

FINALLY,

Do you think that you can now or you will soon, be able to sound as good, if not better, then the standard commercial CD releases ?

Sean

smellyfuzz said:

Do you think that you can now or you will soon, be able to sound as good, if not better, then the standard commercial CD releases ?

I sure hope he answers with his "stock reply"-------->:rolleyes:

smellyfuzz said:
HEY BRUCE,

How do you get your work ?

Advertize ? Word of mouth ??

How do you sell to a new client ?

What is your pitch ?
No "pitch" -- I invite clients for a tour and describe the various aspects of the characteristics of the studio (3 different-sounding rooms, flexibility, etc...)... I answer their questions, find out about their projects, pass along the odd tidbit of info to them..... so far, it's the visual and ambience that catches their eye first, then they hear about the sound options - by the time we move to the control room, they're wide-eyed!

Advertising is via word of mouth, the internet, and business cards.... I'm working on a brochure for mu8sic stores and bars but haven't had time to finish it yet!

smellyfuzz said:
Is there a lot of competition in your area ?

Do you feel that competition is good or bad for your business ?
Good -- but my immediate competition's facility is about the same size space, but not as aesthetic or flexible in terms of room options.

smellyfuzz said:
Do you think that simply the look of a studio is enough to close a band ?

Do you really feel that a band can hear quality, during an initial meeting,
to tell that you are better then most ?
So far - I've found the look and ambience is the first thing that grabs the attention - then further discussion along with a listen or two to several clips gives the band a sense of my abilities. So far that strategy works.... besides, I'm an honest guy, not a salesman, so I won't take a client if I feel I can't give them the sound they want (be it because of musical style, genre, or just different conceptions of fidelity)...

smellyfuzz said:
I'm absolutely capable of that --- actually, anyone is, given sufficient recording skills!

AS soon as I get a chance, I'll post more recent clips -- including drums tracks....!

Back