Yet another unfinished song (this time, not metal!)

xtjdx

Okay, I worked on it a bit and this is probably the best I'm going to get with a drum machine. Added tambourine, piano, changed a little of the drums, separated the song into two parts, and that's all I'm going to do to it until I get my drummer in here to record.
Tell Me About Your Childhood (the days commence)
and...
Tell Me About Your Childhood (the days collide)

These are hosted on my home server and I don't want to waste NL5's disk space, so they might be a little slow downloading.
If you take the time to listen, thanks, and why not show you took the time to listen by telling me what you thought (if you thought it was awful, really lay it in! I just really want people's opinions on this stuff)!
Thanks.

Last edited:
I like the mixing alot. The guitar tones go together quite well. I like the drums, but it might sound better with a more full snare.

As far as creatively, I know it's hard to make an interesting instrumental track. The song loses your attention a little bit at :44 secs. when it changes. It's just not a gripping emotional song. But who says it has to be? It's nice playing and sounds quite good.

Well, this is a two part song. The first part is to establish the base, the second part is to shatter the base into a thousand pieces. It will be a little more obvious what I mean when I finish up the second part.
Thanks for listening and commenting!

i'm thinking the days commence part of the song should definitely staykind of cheesy drum machine. and at the 20second mark, the real drums should come in. in my opinion that would be real cool.

good guitar tone. with the right singer, this could be a really really awesome song.

edit: or maybe not about the drum machine thing. it would sound right at the end of this where the toms are by themselves, but that would probably be too much drum machine for too long.

The drums are definitely going to be real. It was just a long day and I didn't feel like miking the kit and playing so Fruityloops it was! Thank you so much for listening and giving feedback.

I've got part of another song recorded. Don't you hate it when you want to finish up a song, but you've got another one in your head so you just have to start on that one?
I do.
This one has real drums (a very rough track. I'm not very good at drums, so be gentle on that aspect). It's under a minute right now because I'm still sketching out where I want to go with it, but I think it's a huge improvement (maybe for the sole fact that it's in 3/4 with real drums?).
This one, I don't have a name for yet.
Listen here
Again, the server might be slow right now but it will speed up later tonight.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the comments.

Very fucking good.
The cymbal crashes get too loud, the sparkle knob on the cymbals got tweaked a bit too high up in the mix in my opinion. Sounds like a multiband with too much makeup gain in the 5-7k range.

Checking out the part two...that first one was short.

Are these supposed to go together?

Nice playing, these seem like soundtrack parts.

The cymbals are the worst thing that stood out to me.

I'm retracking drums to the song this post was intended for tomorrow. I'm not gonna mess with Fruityloops because it's not worth the trouble.
The first two songs do go together (days commence, and then collide). Thank you very very much for the compliment(s) (when I saw your name next to the thread I was ready to get pummelled, but was pleasantly surprised).

Back