yet another newb delta question..

Toad Rush

Ok, heres my problem, i installed my Delta and everything fine, except when i record it only records on one channel, and same with output, i only hear it on one channel? Now this is probably really easy to answer but i'm not that smart...

Well I guess that you mean that you can record in one track, only mono and not stereo. Check your recording software and enable stereo recording on the track, and check to use Delta Stereo inputs as source, same goes for the outputs.

well i mean, I record in stereo but only one side of it gets played(ie the right side). That may be what you mean. I've done all that you've mentioned..hrm..maybe this is more difficult then i thought?

In the Monitor Mixer, do you see both sides of the Input/Output with signal, I mean the meters, do both show signal?

Nope only the right one..however My guitar is plugged into input 2 and my synth into input 1. Input 1 plays on left speaker, input 2 plays on right... is there anyway to make them both play stereo?

To be able to record stereo, you have to have a stereo source, guitar should come in thriugh two inputs of the card, same goes for the keys. To be able to playback stereo of a mono source, you could clone the tracks, but that wouldn´t be true stereo....

hrm, my synth and guitar record stereo on SB! Live! so it has to be a problem with the soundcard. This seems like it would be so easy to fix, i guess not heh.

hrm, my synth and guitar record stereo on SB! Live! so it has to be a problem with the soundcard.

Well, the SB Live's Line In is a stereo jack, so if you plug a mono miniplug into it you might just get the signal into both inputs at once. Or perhaps you have a stereo miniplug with both sides wired to a mono Line Out from a guitar amp. Or maybe you have a stereo output from a POD or effects device or something like that.

The Delta jacks are mono jacks, not stereo. So that's why.

Recording in stereo is not a good idea unless you know what you are doing, because there is all kinds of potential for phase problems between the two signals. It's much, much easier to record everything on single mono tracks and using panning and effects like delay and reverb to create the stereo image and ambience.

Back