Yet another new recording.

Jim Soloway

I guess it comes in waves because this is my fourth new recording in about a week. It's back to me and the 7 string recorded live. The song is Jimm Van Heusen's Polka Dots And Moonbeams. It was one of the very first hits in Frank Sinatra's career and the first of over 200 Van Heusen songs that he recorded. It's ridiculously sweet but arranging it was a lot of fun.

Hey man.....listening while I'm typing. I've never heard the original, but the guitar sounds a little muffled and heavy on the low end. Kinda reminds me of how mine sounds cause the wife piles all my work clothes on top the amp. :(

Again, I don't know how the org. is supposed to sound, but I would clear up the mids and highs on guitar and lower the low end.

Lata.....

Yo Jim, very nice. A classic and a presented in beautiful form.
My wife likes your presentations as well. She was out here in my lil sanctum this aft'
tickled pink listening.

Jim Soloway

Your sound with the 7 string and choice of material is refreshing as usual. You have a classic sound friend.
Keep up the good work.

Dan

Smoooooooooooooth, man.
Really nice playing - great talent - and I know a lot of hard work. I started to agree with Ledmech - but I can't put my finger on it - could the amp mic be maybe a little farther away than it's been before? All the freqs are there - they just seem to be a little far away. It's really just nit-picking - the recording sounds great to me. And that's not an easy tune to sing! Well done!!

I'm DLing your other tune - right now - I'll be right back.
Milan

Back