Yesterday - Beatles cover

mwthompson

Croisaandwich
I wanted to test out my new Beta 58 mic so I decided to try a cover.

The guitar is my Martin D16 running direct. Three tracks, the fingerpicked rhythm, the solo guitar and vocal. I took some TheraFlu this morning which gave me about a half hour window to do the vocals without breaking out into a violent fit of coughing.

Btw, it's hard as hell to sing in key after spending a week coughing like a maniac but it makes for some funny takes.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

-Mike

i like your voice. you must sound really good when you're not sick :)

i also liked the acoustic playing. the tracks sounded clean and well tracked.

nicely done.

i like your voice. you must sound really good when you're not sick :)

i also liked the acoustic playing. the tracks sounded clean and well tracked.

nicely done.

Thanks for your comments!

I'm going to retrack the vocal when I get over this funk. Of course, then I wont have an excuse. :D

Nicole is right - your vocals suit this song very well. Pretty good for someone with a communicable disease......lol. You're a trooper for putting this together when you're not feeling your best. Your minor changes to the melody work okay. The mix sounds good overall, with the vocals sitting nice and forward in the mix. :D:):D:)

Nicole is right - your vocals suit this song very well. Pretty good for someone with a communicable disease......lol. You're a trooper for putting this together when you're not feeling your best. Your minor changes to the melody work okay. The mix sounds good overall, with the vocals sitting nice and forward in the mix. :D:):D:)

Yeah, I put 'em right up front. I have no shame! :D

Thanks for listening!

-Mike

Btw, I think I like this Beta58. Seems to make me sound "beefier" but that could just be the cold.

Back