Yes Jah (Reggae/Dubstep) by Rockonin

rockonin

Hey guys here's a song that's taken me a while to complete. For the brass section i used Edirol Orchestra VST. I used three trumpet sections, two pianos, a clarinet and a Alto Sax. It was hard figuring out the best ways to incorporate the growls, basses (massive) etc. The vocals were royalty free samples from a Jamaican cooking show lol Let me know what you guys think. Cheers

Cool...plenty going on here. Lots of great stuff throughout. Love the cooking show bits!

I don't know dubstep other than some tunes I've heard here, but to the extent that this has some reggae to it, where is the thumping bass line? I didn't catch much low end stuff at all, but admittedly I'm not on the most advanced monitoring setup right now.

I wasn't as fond of the sped up bit towards the end, but a tempo shift like that may be standard fare for this sort of thing - not sure.

For me, all the mids and higher freq stuff sound fantastic...just not enough going on in the low end.

I was thinking the same thing heat.

But I realized I'm listening from cheap headphones. I hear a really low bass though. I bet it would be really thumping hearing this through my monitors and sub.

Back