yamaha tx7 info anyone?

anppilot

Never Act Like U Know All
Im having a hard time finding a tx802 for the price i wanna pay.

But the tx7 is identical for the most part. The tx7 is mono.

Can you use to of these at the same time say i dunno out to in or thru to in so when you send data from say sounddiver, it is sending the identical sysex sg to both and use one for a left input and other for a right input to a mixer?

Im having a hard time finding a tx802 for the price i wanna pay.

But the tx7 is identical for the most part. The tx7 is mono.

Can you use to of these at the same time say i dunno out to in or thru to in so when you send data from say sounddiver, it is sending the identical sysex sg to both and use one for a left input and other for a right input to a mixer?
Yes but to hear stereo you need different info on the L and R sides.
Wouldn't using a single TX7 and putting it through a splitter be the same?
Or just running a single TX7 into a channel and panning it center? Either way you'd still have the same end result wouldn't you?

Another option would be to take a single TX7, plugging it into a mono in/stereo out effects unit and using those L & R outputs.

I sold 2 TX7's last year, and I used to have a DX7, DX7S and used the TX816 for a few years (at the time that it came out). They are complex machines... I don't think anyone's every really heard what they are capable of. Good luck programming it - best to tweak or just use existing sounds.

One side note: when they brought out the later DX7's (DX7S, DXllFD, TX802 etc) they used a better quality LSI chip and all the original DX7 sounds are much better (clearer, less gritty) than the original DX7/TX7/TX816 models, although they have the same basic DX7 sound.

So if you can spare the room, I'd much rather have one of those later ones.

Last edited:
when they brought out the later DX7's (DX7S, DXllFD etc) they used a better quality LSI chip and all the original DX7 sounds are much better (clearer, less gritty) than the original DX7/TX7/TX802 models, although they have the same basic DX7 sound.

The TX802 uses the same LSI chip as the DX-7IIFD. Perhaps you're thinking of the TX816? That definitely used the same chip as the original DX-7.

The TX802 uses the same LSI chip as the DX-7IIFD. Perhaps you're thinking of the TX816? That definitely used the same chip as the original DX-7.

Ooops!
Yes, you're right, the one I worked with was the TX816, which sounded like the original DX7.

I edited my earlier post to correct the wrong info.

Thanks!

Back