YAMAHA S8M's

Ziller

anyone have any opinions on these monitors. i've been thinking of getting some yorkvilles, but i saw a pair of these s8m's at the local music shop, for a lot less. i looked around on the net and some studio's seem to use them as monitors

anyone have any info on them?

thanks

i looked around on the net and some studio's seem to use them as monitors

Wow, we use them as cupholders. Stupid us, we were wondering why there was a plug on the backside. Go figure...I think Yamaha must mention next time in the manual these things can be used as monitor.

That was extremely helpful. You know, If you are going to make a joke, you have to have one of these:D It is the law.
Or if you are going to be sarcastic you need to do this:rolleyes:
By the way, are there two of you? You said "We" an awful lot. I think this is some cupholding-monitor conspiricy
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pete

S8M's

This may not be a timely reply to your query but here goes. I've owned a pair of S8M's for about 10 years and for the money they work well enough (for the money). But if you are looking for a pair of monitors that will give you good all around frequency response without resorting to using sub-woofers these speakers aren't it, they just can't handle low frequencies very well but sound fine when it comes to mid-range and high frequency information. FOR THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY I don't know that you can get much better. I just made a cursory glance to see how much a pair of used ones cost to guage what it would cost to replace one that was just damaged by house movers, I found a pair advertised at $99 !.

Back