Yamaha p90

So if basically all i'm getting the keyboard for is the piano sounds, i should wait for the p90 over the p80?

muzakal said:
Sorry, S90 uses much smaller sample for the ever so popular (and craved for by motifers) triple strike piano. S90/Motif have so much more variety in sounds. But if you're looking for that piano sound that melts you every time you play, you'll be disappointed. I've got a motif 8. Love it to death, but damn those pianos.

-muzakal

Cool, thank you so much for your input. You seem to know a lot about Yamaha products. Do you work for them or something?

Geekgurl what do you play on? Did you learn on a piano or a keyboard? I have no piano so i'd like to get a keyboard to learn on, just looking for some additional input. thanks.

I started on a piano. At first I was self-taught but then sought out piano lessons, first private and then as music major in college. Now I really need some kind of weightedness to keys to play anything difficult or substantial, but I've found some semi-weight works, just for gigging/band stuff. But if I only had one keyboard, I'd want it to either be a piano or something that sounded and felt really close to one.

So right now I have a conservatory upright acoustic piano, and then some 61-key synth-weighted things not worth discussing, and then a Nord Electro. The feel on that is semiweighted, but it ain't no piano. Since I'm now once again active in a band and we play pretty intense stuff (it's like rock/jazz fusion), I really want to get something that feels closer to a piano. Perfect piano sound isn't as important for my needs, because this is for gigging with a loud band and piano isn't featured (as much as the Rhodes and B3, which is why I have the Nord). But it has to be relatively light. That, the extra sounds onboard, and the need for a nice keybed are why *I'm* looking at the S90. But my needs are significantly different from yours.

Hope this helps ...

geekgurl said:
Cool, thank you so much for your input. You seem to know a lot about Yamaha products. Do you work for them or something?

Hey geekgurl, you're very welcome. I don't work for Yamaha, but I'm flattered you'd think that. I'm a producer, and when you produce, you get to know the gear inside out.

Have a great day.

-muzakal

Back