Yamaha Motif ES or XS

jerberson12

mucis procedure
Hi
Tell me reasons not to buy XS.
Im planning to buy motif buy im not sure what kind I need.

I will be using it entirely on studio productions and probably most features of the keyboard will not be used since I will be using the Protools softwares like the midi sequencer.

Most of my genre will be pop, poprock or alternatives and will not be using a lot of those techno or electro sounds.

Any suggestions
TY

HI,i have a yamaha motif xs and its wonderful.It has much more sounds than es and for studio work i belive this is very important.

The sounds on both are excellent. Considering that you wont be using the features on the instrument, the motif mo6/mo8 series might probably be the cheapest and best fit for what you are doing. But if price is no object, get the xs. It does have more sounds than the es and mo series and a brilliant screen to help you navigate through.

seems the companies (yamaha, Roland, etc) have gotten away from providing sound/tone modules. It use to be they would come out with a new keyboard and a year or so later provide a rack tone module with all the same voices minus the sequencer, keyboard, etc. I assume it was cutting into their keyboard profits?

thanks

Back