Yamaha MD4s

Yo DiBlissful One Way Down Under:

Go for the Yamaha MD-8. You will never be sorry you have 8 tracks. You will eliminate much bouncing and have tighter control over each track. As you may know, if you bounce tracks, you lose full tweaking control; in otherwords, if you bounce two tracks to one track, you can no longer tweak each individual track; you can only tweak the two sounds TOGETHER, you have bounced; thus, you lose some vital control over the final mix.

With 8 tracks, I usually NEVER HAVE TO BOUNCE. And, I can jab in a few drum splashes on an empty track or play a counter melody on my flute patch or whatever.

Hey, does Steve Erwin, the Crocodile Man play keyboard?

Green Hornet

I agree, spring for the MD8 (There is no MD8s unfortunatly, and probably won't be). After much research on my part, this is the best bang for the buck. The only thing that sucks is you will be paying just under $1 a minute to record (yikes!) cause those MD Data disks aint cheap!
-Nilbog

Yo Goblin [Nilbog spelled backwards!] and DiBlissfulone:

Yea, verily, the MD8 data discs cost a few bucks; however, they can be used again and again and again with no degradation of sound. When I got my MD-8, I also got a package of two track data discs which come in handy when only two tracks are needed and I also got 5 MD8 data 8 track discs. I've only used a couple of the data discs so far. 18 minutes is about enough room for three or four completed songs unless you're doing the Illiad set to music. You can buy better stuff for sure; but, if it works, go for it.

Have to run; Kato just slipped on a disc and slipped a disc.

Green Hornet

Back