Yamaha F340

penisaurus

I have a friend who is looking at buying his first guitar. At Sam Ash, he liked the Yamaha F340 in his price range. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions, good or bad, about this guitar.

Thanks

LocusLarsen said:
well he liked it, right?
He's buying his first guitar, so I would assume he doesn't know anything at all about them. The first guitar I bought (20 years ago) was a Lotus, and it was a piece of crap. If a friend had been with me, I might have saved one upgrade...

Or not. :rolleyes:

Maybe what I meant to say is what is the general consensus with Yamaha acoustics? What is their customer service like? Etc, etc...

It doesn't matter if he knows how to play or not...if you play a bunch of guitars in a store and one stands out then obvious logic dictates that there is no more needed to be said other than, "I'll take that one."

I thought that the Tele was the most god-awful looking guitar until I was bored and picked one up to play at the music store and guess what...I fell in love. Even though they tend to be one of the standards that everyone plays first, I never did...and I found my diamond in the rough.

Of course we could just say, "Don't live and learn, just buy a Les Paul, Strat or Telecaster and be merry." Oh wait, this is an acoustic question. Just buy a Martin.

(On a side note, I do believe that one day every guitar player ends up with a LP or Strat anyways. =-)

Sorry about the mistake guys, its a Yamaha FG413S and he has a little history with guitars, but is looking to get better. He is a Dave Matthews fan and already plays quite a few of his songs, and knows the basic chords, etc. He is also a saxophonist so has musical background and knows how to read music and what not. Sorry to change from the F340 to the FG413S, but I appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Back