Yamaha Aw4416 Outboard gear help

chuckerst

Could any of you "much more experienced than me" peeps give me a clue-I am trying to use an outboard Lexicon EFX unit and I can't get the signal back into the Yammie-I am going OUT the Yammie Omni Aux 3 into the Lexicon-no problem there,but all 16 of my tracks are recorded on so where do i return the signal to? I was thinking tracks 17-18 but I don't know how to make that happen. i watched the youtube video and the guy returned into tracks three and four but I can't do that as they are already recorded on-I'm stumped! Thanks to anybody who can help! (Seems this would have been SO easy with an Aux send/return built in like a normal mixer!)

...perhaps you missunderstand something: you can return the Lexicons out to INPUTS 3&4 or something like that. It doesn't matter that the TRACKS 3&4 are already used. I'd definitely go that way, as it makes not too much sense (except for special cases) to record the return. You can switch the mixer between Tracks and inputs - but don't ask me where the knob is; got my baby some days ago and not sitting in front...

aXel

Hi

You take it out via the Omni out and then in via one of the inserts on channels 1 and 2 using a TS cable plugged into the "first click" only, thus bypassing the internal preamps, which aren't required.

I have an AW4416 - I've done exactly this. It works.

Cheers :drunk:

And, I just reread... you only have 16 channels - what's why it's called the AW4416 - rack and stack it on a virtual track until you decide where you want to put it. You may have to submix by the sound of it..

It was my pleasure, really.

I think I said once before I wasn't going to bother any more with AW4416 queries.:RTFM:

hi guys i'm a newbie here, i'm interested in how to set up the monitoring with my aw4416? the omni out jacks what are they for? let's say that i want to set up a stage for my band and every instrument of the band want to have his own monitor with a different levels setup, how do i do that?
I mean let's a guitar player wants to here him self more than the others and the vocal too , and so on for each member, is it possible? Thanks guys

Back