XP Pro Boot disc help.

Mr Funk

Can anyone help me out?

I have had to wipe my hard drive (managed to save my songs) and I can't seem to get the OS (Win XP Pro) to install again. Keep getting an PCI.sys error when booting up from my LEGIT Win XP CD.

I found out that this is to do with me needing a disc that already has SP2 intergrated on the disc (my disc is pre Service Packs). I tried to Slipstream a new disc (merging SP2 with XP Pro onto a new disc), using BurnAware Free, but this frustratingly resulted in too much data for a CD (900MB). I tried burning it to a DVD in stead, but then when I tried to boot from it, I get a "Cannot find NTLDR" message. I read that Boot DVD's are problematic?

I'm really at a loss now, can anyone offer me advice on how to make a Boot DVD that will work, or simply give me a copy of their XP Pro disc with SP2 (I'd pay for the disc and P&P)?

I have 2 LEGIT product keys, one wich came with my Dell PC (comes with no back up CD) and one OEM (HP) XP Pro disc I bought. I'm not looking for a cracked copy, or anything, I have paid for 2 copies of XP Pro, I don't want any product keys, as I have 2 already, both owned and used only by myself.

My friend does has a copy with SP3, but I've read that it's best not to use SP3?

Can anyopne help me please?

Thanks in advance

Kane

If this is on your Dell, you should be able to restore your system with the Dell System Restore hidden partition...

Press CTRL+F11 when booting...

Back