XP-50 manual for "dummies"

scooterr

Could anyone recommend a book (or several) on using a Roland XP-50? Especially if its third party coherent. Is there an "XP-50 for dummies" or the equivelant out there?

Although I don't have fond memories of the origional manual it is lost and I would like to replace it also. I can't find it at the Roland site but I may not be looking in the right place?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Scooterr-

I tried the Roland site too- they have
something called Fax-Back. I'm looking
for a manual for my D-70 Super L/A, and
like you, a third party opinion. If I'm successful at getting my manual, I'll try to find out about yours and email the info to you. Your unit is much newer than mine,so
it should be readily available. My other synth is an XP-60, and it needs a manual too.
It'd be really cool if they had one of those
"... For Dummies" books on these synths- I'd love it!

Good luck and happy hunting!
das Faithmonstre

Que pasa Scooterr...

Roland Customer Service Dept. has your
manual. If you bought your synth new, it's
free, but if you're like me and bought it used, then it'll cost... my D-70 and XP-60
were $17.95 each (s & h included)credit card transactions available. The number? Roland US
1-323-890-3700. You'll get an automated service- press "2" for Consumer, then press "6" for Customer Service. Closed Sat./Sun. and on Pacific time.

Greets and good luck!
das Faithmonstro

yo faithmonster,
thankyou for replying. I would have given up on Roland. I did find a book you might be interested in, although I haven't ordered it yet for myself.
try www.wizoo.com/books.htm
(give me a few years and I'll figure out how to make a link out of that for you)
there's a book on jv/xp's hanging out there.
looking foward to some "successful synthing"
thanks again,
scooter

Your'e welcome, Scooterr.

I'll check out that site- I've done some freebie research via the local library too,
with some good results. Will have a list of
titles soon. Keep in touch- my email here is the_faithmonster@homerecording.com.

Happy synthing!
P.Loquesto Faithmonsteur

Hi Scooter.

While I haven't used the Wizoo book for the XP/JV specifically, I have used a few Wizoo books on Cubase. If the XP book is anything like the Cubase book, I highly recommend it. The guy writes in clear, easy-to-understand language. He managed to distill an 1100 page manual (really!) down into a few crucial chapters. I also own an XP-50, and now that I know he writes a book on it, I'm going to look for it in the weeks ahead.

Cheers,
Sagar

Sagar- Greetz-n-welcome!

I'm looking at an XP-50 at a local pawn shop.
Will check Wizoo for the book too. Keep in touch,
I may be asking you questions about the XP-50.
Email is the_faithmonster@homerecording.net, feel
welcome to correspond.

Synth-cerely(how corny...)
el Faithmonstro mas loco

Back