XLR Snake

MrBlackthorne

Funkmaster
Hey all,

For my next recording project, I realized that I'm going to have to invest in a snake. I use 2 computers to do my recording, and I found on the last recording that I made that the fan/hard drive crunching was a little loud on the recordings. Oh well. Time to isolate the instruments in a different room.

I need at least 8 channels, and probably at least 25 feet. XLRM-XLRF. I'd like to spend no more than $200, and it would be nice to have enough slack on the male end to run to every device in my effects rack (not that I have many devices)...

Any suggestions? I've mainly relied on reading user reviews to make equipment purchasing decisions, but it's hard to find info on something as basic as a snake.

Thanks for the input!

Rick

If all you need is 25 ft then it might be better to make high quality cables instead, you will be able to use them for other things, cables laid flat should fit under a door and allow it to close whereas a snake won't, also running to different places obviously wont be a problem.
If you think you need 25ft maybe you should make them 30ft just in case.

Some good brands of raw cable are Belden, Gepco, Mogami, Canare and others.

If you decide to use a snake, make sure that you get one with the 1/4" jacks that can be used for headphones, otherwise you will be needing more cables.

Back