X1 Bundle mixed up/corrupt when opened in 6.0

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Tracks mixed up (Track label/.wav says vocal and it's guitar) Tracks missing. Tracks out of alignment. V-Vocal portions lost. Target and Dest OS is same W7. Tracks have no data. Is this a known bug or is 6.0 just too old to open an X1 Bundle? 6.0 Bundles open fine in X1.

You seem to be trying to open a bundle created in X1 inside 6.0 yes?

If so it's no wonder you're having problems. You're expecting different versions be not only backwards compatible but FORWARDS compatible as well.

And, FWIW, I don't know of many people who use Sonars bundle files - If for some reason your cwp ever becomes corrupted, you can, theoretically rebuild it from the wavs stored on disc which will not be corrupt.

If for some reason your cwb ever becomes corrupt, that's it, game over, you've lost everything in that project permanently

Yeah I guess you're right - I bought X1 yesterday and installed it. That was birthday and Christmas...

I had the problems when I only had Sonar 6. I've since bought X1 and have no problems with the bundles now. I ordered the X2 discs (supposedly free upgrade but ends up costing me $69.00 for discs + shipping).

Back