X-over help

pinhedgtr

Processing
I just got a behringer cx3400 crossover for my live sound setup. I have 2 mains and a sub. My question is, do I run this x-over in stereo 2 way or 3 way? I really don't understand, cause looking at the manual does'nt explain what to do if you only have one sub.

Thanks,
B

Well there's a low sum button, is that what I need to do? and run the sub in bridged mode on the amp?

Thanks Ford Van!

B

Okay, I have 2 mains and 1 sub. I run left and right out of the board through the EQ and compressor then into the crossover. I then take the 2 mains(highs) output from the crossover to one of my Makie 1400i amps in stereo and then I would take the Subwoofer output (LOW SUMMED?) and input that on the other Makie 1400i amp in bridged mode. The sub is rated at 300 watts continuous so I turn the sub amp down to about 3:00. Does this sound right?

Thanks again for the Help,

B

Well, it is all good except that by turning the sub amp down, you increase the risk of overloading your speaker! Leave the amps volume on full, and turn down the crossover output for the sub if it is pushing the amp too hard. If bridged mode is too much power for the speaker, just run the amp in stereo mode and just use one side! ;)

Yes, you want the "Low SUMMED" output. It sums the left and right channels audio, then lowers it 6dB (usually) and outputs the mono signal to your sub amp.

Back