Wurmhole revisited

stratmonkee

Posted this shogazer jam a bit ago, worked on it a bit with bassist in my band, he wrote some lyrics and added vocals, I tried to break this up a bit with a guitar solo, and a litlle weird break between the 1st and 2nd half of song...ending a little different now as well...

More! More! Nice. I cut way down on listening to commercial tunes, but lately I've been attracted to shoegaze.. particularly the band Ride.

I listened to yours as background while browsing the forums - not focusing on anything in particular. Nothing bad jumped out, it sounds fine to me. Though the overall energy seems a bit low, maybe just what it's supposed to be here. The vocal melody kinda leans into Pink Floyd territory, IMO.

It's not shoegaze, because I can make out a lot of the lyrics. 8-)

I like it. Good listen.

How did you get the bass sound?

More! More! Nice. I cut way down on listening to commercial tunes, but lately I've been attracted to shoegaze.. particularly the band Ride.

I listened to yours as background while browsing the forums - not focusing on anything in particular. Nothing bad jumped out, it sounds fine to me. Though the overall energy seems a bit low, maybe just what it's supposed to be here. The vocal melody kinda leans into Pink Floyd territory, IMO.
Cool, will have to check out Ride. Meant it to be kind of a slow burner...like the pink Floyd comparison! Songs like Echoes,Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, Careful With That Axe Eugene, all big influences😁.

Last edited:
It's not shoegaze, because I can make out a lot of the lyrics. 8-)

I like it. Good listen.

How did you get the bass sound?
Hahaha yeah true,usually my recordings vocals are buried and hard to hear, now that I'm getting a little better at mixing them, they stand out to much for the genre I'm going for😆...it don't matter I guess what you call it anyways, I hate putting stuff in a catagory.
I used my Rickenbacker 4001 bass thru pod go, with a ampeg bass model, also a tiny bit of flanger , and a space echo effect, both also from the pod go. Thanks for listening !

Catherine Wheel are my go-to shoegaze band. Their album "Chrome" in particular is amazing, and I think it still sounds relevant after almost 30 years. "Ferment", their first album, is also good and even had some chart success.

The shoegaze genre is very hit/miss for me, Catherine Wheel are the only band I still listen to but was into most of these "alternative" bands as they were lumped at the time.

Never heard of shoegaze as a genre although it sounds very close to the jams we used to have back in the day in a workshop. The vocals are buried, guess that's the point of the wall of sound deal. Guitar breaks are cool. Good listen, kind of brought me back

Back