WTF Soundforge 5.0 Crashing

tdukex

Man of the Muse
I've put off posting this for awhile, but I've about had it with Soundforge freezing my computer, which I then have to reboot, go through Scandisk, and start all over for another freeze. WTF is up with that? :(

I'm running an Athlon 1600xp (ABIT Motherboard) with 768mb RAM, and Soundforge can't seem to do the simplest operation without freezing up. Last night I couldn't even resample a 48,000 stereo file down to 44,100 for mixdown. Three tries, three crashes.

Even simple edits can cause problems. Is there some incompatibility with the drivers and MB? I'm going to email Sonic Foundry but don't expect any help from them. :confused:

BTW, I run Sonar and ACID Pro with no problems. Just POS Soundforge. :mad:

Any ideas? Fixes?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for responding jmorris. I've actually tried the re-install a couple of times--even defragged my HD. I just downloaded and installed the latest version. I'll try again and see what happens.

Defragging wont help; sounds like you have something in there that is corrupted.

Just reinstalling the software may not help either. Not all uninstalls take out all components (Windows is crap).

You may have something in the registry or DirectX that is corrupt. You could even have a spot on the hard drive that is dodgy and needs to be locked out by a reformat.

I would consider a full wipe-down and rebuild of the PC.

Back