WTB: Headphone Amp (Behringer 4700?)

johnny5dm

Anyone got any good headphone amps they're looking to get rid of for under $80 or so? I'm partial to the Behringer 4700 (hey, it's not in the recording chain, so it can't make the sound THAT bad), but I'm open to others as well. No ARTs, though. Heard too many bad things.

Thanks!

J

I have one at home, but I can't remember the model other than Behringer. I will post more when I get home (3:30 Central). It worked quite from what I recall.

Hmm... I've seen too many 4600's go for $70 on eBay... that and I really like the mixing feature of the 4700. Jeff, if you'd be willing to drop the price more on the 4600, maybe...?

Hmm... thinking about it... the difference is slight, but significant. Now, keep in mind, this is all based on reading Behringer's manuals online, and not actually from experience, but I believe with the 4700 that you can adjust the balance between the L and R inputs (treating them as two mono sources instead of one stereo source). On the 4600, you either have the channels full on or full off. Nitpicky? Maybe. Useful? I think so. (I know you can do the same thing with the Aux jack on the front on the 4600... and that's why I might consider the 4600... I'll get back to you.)

I think mainly I'm hoping to catch some great deal on eBay - almost bought a 4700 for $58 shipped, except the moron listed it twice, and even though I bid first, he sold it to the other guy! :mad:

Anyway, occasionally things like that go by on eBay. However, I have a limited amount of time before I really NEED the headphone amp, so I may still try to get one from one of you. :)

Lol... actually, Antarctica. ;) I wish - it's freakin' 98 degrees here in St. Louis today... ugh.. I'll think about yours, too, octopus. Thanks for the info.

Back