WTB: 8 channel pre for around $800

Haven77

Im looking to buy an 8 Channel Preamp for around $800, maybe up to $1000 anyone got one FS? I hate paying retail.

Haven77 said:
Im looking to buy an 8 Channel Preamp for around $800, maybe up to $1000 anyone got one FS? I hate paying retail.

Just a suggestion, figure out which one you want first, or at least a few options...otherwise a wisecraker like me will offer you my SMPro Audio PR8 for 800...

Want it? let me know...

Jacob

aww comeon...I'll even throw in a Hosa 8 channel 1/4 to 1/4..and for 100 bucks more I'll give you me original Blue Tube too!

Sorry for highjacking...but in reality, I'm wonding what you're looking for?

jacob

It seems to me that my options are quite limited. There doesnt seem to be any middle ground on 8 channel pres, they are either really cheap and poor quality, or 2k+ for something really nice. I dont want junk, but I cant afford really high end yet. If you have any suggestions that would be cool. I was thinking about the focusrite octopre. Id like to have the DB25 output so I can hook directly to my PTools 192 interface. Ive looked at presonus stuff like the digimax but alot of people say that presonus stuff doesnt sound good. Not sure what the best aproach is, Im still researching.

check out the M-audio Octane....I love mine...and yes...you can have it for $800 if you want....:p

i honestly don't think you'll be disappointed in any 8 channel pres in that price range, if you really wanted to spend more money you could get 2 4 channel pres or a couple of 2 channel pres.

Back