Wrote a few songs.. New way of recording

Listening to Threehours1.mp3 on headphones...

Vocals sound pretty good overall but there's definitely some pitch problems.

Guitar sounds "okay". Playing is good.

Piano sounds real nice and adds a lot to the song.

Drums sound good to me too.

I think it's a real nice song, and not a bad mix considering you recorded the songs so quickly.

I think a better mix would do the song justice, but even with an average/so-so mix it's still a good song and that's what counts.

I can't really comment on the mix much anyway because I'm listening on some crappy headphones. :)

Drums and piano are the best points by far. I dont like the acoustic guitar sound. It sounds like you are using hte line in from an electric acoustic along with maybe a mic? Try going more with just a mic maybe a softer mic like a small capsule condensor or large if your using a dynamic.

I agree with some smalll pitch problems on the vocals. Kind of bothersome when listening. I think put some more compression on teh vocals so they dont come out as much and mabye lower the vocals in the mix a tiny bit. The drum effects at the end are a little odd with the strange amount of reverb me personally I dont favor them.

Yeah the acoustic sounds a little odd.
The reverb seems to jump when you use an explosive consonant.
Piano is very nice.
The vocal is a little pitchy though I get the impression they suit the song & are what you were after.
The latter drums are a bit OT.
This song deserves to be reworked. Wham bam is a good process when it works - usually it doesn't.

Back