Wow - Crazy Hail Storm just hit here

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
3 inches deep on my back deck! Damn - I don't think I have ever seen hail like this in Atlanta - size of jawbreakers! - some areas reporting baseball size hail! We have a room full of skylights, lucky none of them smashed

hail.jpg

Way cool.

My nephew used to live in Atlanta (Wanna buy a nice house for the mortgage?) and a few years ago it got quite cold; significantly below freezing. He's from Vermont and our family used to own a ski area here many years ago. So he knows how to make snow.

The guy hooked up his power washer to the outside faucet and experimented a little - and then by God he was making snow. He covered the hill in back of his house while his young kids were calling all their friends. Pretty soon the whole neighborhood had kids (and parents) sliding down the hill on big pieces of cardboard. These kids had never seen snow before. He got Cool Dad award that weekend.

Way cool.

My nephew used to live in Atlanta (Wanna buy a nice house for the mortgage?) and a few years ago it got quite cold; significantly below freezing. He's from Vermont and our family used to own a ski area here many years ago. So he knows how to make snow.

The guy hooked up his power washer to the outside faucet and experimented a little - and then by God he was making snow. He covered the hill in back of his house while his young kids were calling all their friends. Pretty soon the whole neighborhood had kids (and parents) sliding down the hill on big pieces of cardboard. These kids had never seen snow before. He got Cool Dad award that weekend.

Thats cool! - Snow is rare here, giant hail ever more so

I got a house on the market myself :)

Yeah, his wife went haywire and declared she didn't need no help, no meds guddmit. Long bizarre bitter divorce; she got married again and divorced before his was even final. 2 kids. Its a mess. He got the hell out of there as soon as a judge would let him and has custody of the kids. She lives in a manic la-la land. She's also drop dead gorgeous and figures that is enough to get whatever she wants.... But she's scary weird.

Oh man - I know people like that... It can be quite an ordeal - sounds like he ended up ok so thats cool - the houseing market wasn't hit as bad here as it was some places so he should be able to sell his house

its not like FL or CA - those people are just screwed

Hold strong, my East Coast brother and sisters!!! We will survive!!!

THIS.....IS....THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!!

just figured I'd try to motivate some people while I'm waiting for the tornado to come and destroy my house. :D

I think they decided to detour around my hood - they didn't want to destroy all my nice recording equipment

Monday we had a storm come in the speed of which I've never seen. Clouds crossing the sky in 15 or so seconds. I swear 2 fronts collided. Then a whimper. I live in Roy, sideways rain, but light, the wind wasn't even very strong. In layton, where I work, they were telling me about marble sized hail. That's about 6 miles south. Weird weather here in Utah.

Hey Suprstar.. are you paying attention?? :D

lol :D I got nothing the week of this thread, but this is what we got April 3rd. No damage, but super loud. Biggest hail I've ever seen in my life. I'm still amazed my golf balls didn't damage anything. BASEBALLS??! That would have to smash every window in every car in the area!

hail0.jpg

hail1.jpg

hail2.jpg

wow thats crazy, we don't get much hail here, I only remember getting it once up here in MA we get ice and snow but nothing big like that. I would hate being caught outside when that started coming down.

lol :D I got nothing the week of this thread, but this is what we got April 3rd. No damage, but super loud. Biggest hail I've ever seen in my life. I'm still amazed my golf balls didn't damage anything. BASEBALLS??! That would have to smash every window in every car in the area!

hail0.jpg

Looks like you got the same storm we got here.

Back