WOW Blue Mics are so damn cool looking

Antz_Marchin

I heard they were great but just took the time to check out the site. These things are works of art. I love the mouse with the little pop screen on it especially but I love them all. I just wish I could afford one....we'll see maybe late summer : )

2 Questions.....how much does the BALL (IS IT A GOOD MIC??? BEtter than SM58???) retail for ...anybody have any clue???.......and ..... between the "semi-affordable" ones (mouse/baby-bottle/BALL??? (not sure on price)/Dragonfly) Which would be the most diverse for Sonar recording Acoustic Guitar/Vocals and live acoustic solo gigs (for vocals only live). Thanks very much.......BJ

BLUE mics are pretty amazing. But shelling out that kind of money to use a BLUE mic for live gigs would kind of be overkill. :D For other reasons as well, I don't think you want to go there.

Last I heard, the Ball was going to be pretty affordable -- somewheres in the under $300 range, which is nice.

As far as what would be the most versatile, my best guess would be either the mouse, dragonfly, or the blueberry. You might find the baby bottle just a tad dark for something like accoustic guitar, where brighter-sounding mics are usually prefered.

The dragonfly goes for $800. I have one. It is amazing on vocals, specifically mine. It has a definite color that works for some and not others. I have never tried it on acoustic, but I would imagine a small condenser might pick up transients a little better. You might look to go with a mxl603 for the guitar and v67 of B1 or C1 for the vox.

I wouldn't recommend any of these solutions for a live situation. Get a 58 and a decent plug in system for the acoustic, like a PUTW #27 or something. It'll give a more realistic sound than the under saddle fishman type pickups.

Brandon

Cool, thanks guys. But, what;s PUTW #27??? I was thinking of getting a fishman Natural II installed on my Taylor or just throwing a Rare Earth on there for live stuff cause I like the idea of keeping "my baby" purely acoustic... There's just something about knowing that it is. Thanks again BJ

Back