would you guys buy form tigerdirect

scrubs said:
I'm pretty sure I've bought from them before without problems. Another one to look at is www.newegg.com

i checked newegg and there prices were better but tiger direct was just amazing. a 19 inch crt for 70.00 or a 21 inch for 150, i've never seen prices that low for monitors

They'll probably kill you on shipping. I've been looking at them for things for a while now, so I just placed an order the other day. I just ordered some ram...what's that, a couple of ounces...max?! Got charged $10 shipping. Still cheaper than buying locally, but on monitors - I'm sure the shipping will be huge. Just my .02

RickW said:
They'll probably kill you on shipping. I've been looking at them for things for a while now, so I just placed an order the other day. I just ordered some ram...what's that, a couple of ounces...max?! Got charged $10 shipping. Still cheaper than buying locally, but on monitors - I'm sure the shipping will be huge. Just my .02

AWWWWWW MAN!! i forgot about shipping. 56 dollars

i vote for new egg.....i've bought stuff from both companies and newegg's shipping time is really really fast (at least when they have stuff in stock it is).

I vote Newegg. I always get my stuff within 3 days and the shipping cost is phenomenal.

I know people that order/have ordered from Tigerdirect, and the experience was not enjoyable. Not saying they feck up all the time, but they sure do it a lot.

They are cool peoplr to deal with and they seem to always have better prices.
I have bought three systems from them with no problem at all.

tiger has been around for probably 10 years. they used to have "open warehouse" sales down in Miami way early on saturday mornings...hundreds of poeple would show up.

with almost million satisfied orders from newegg how can you go wrong, look at the reviews on newegg on bizrate.com or pricegrabber you will see why you need to prefer newegg rather than tigerdirect. Also if you have any problem with the unit newegg service is the best in returns and replacing.

track pusha said:
what did they do

Well, for me they sent me the wrong computer, it was a refurbished model that was a screaming deal. When I went to boot up I noticed that it said "Intel Inside" which was odd because I had ordered an Athlon.

Long story short, they sent the wrong one, they wanted to remedy the problem by charging me again (yes, for both the first and the second CPU) and crediting back my card when they received the wrong one, or else making me pay shipping out of my pocket to return the wrong one they sent me. After escalating this through management, I thought this was finally taken care of until 2 weeks later when I called to check the status of the reorder. They had no record of any problems, and blamed it on a power failure at their warehouse that they say happens ALL THE TIME!!

To top it all off, the only friendly person I talked to was the first guy who took my order.

Newegg from here on out.

track pusha said:
what did they do
They had a Dell monitor on sale that was the same one I have. I thought, great, I'll get a second monitor like I've been wanting for Vegas. I ordered it and payed with PayPal. It seems PayPal and Tiger Direct do not communicate with each other very well, because by the time they got notice of my payment (which is supposed to be instant through PayPal), the monitor was sold out. I called and got through to a manager, but beyond a barely sincere apology, they didn't offer me anything to make up for it. I let them know they had lost a customer for good.

A dirty employee at Tiger Direct took my check card number and emptied my checking account. The effect of paying the absolute lowest wage for an employee (see what a good manager I am!) to take orders over the phone has led to lots of dirty employees jumping from job to job and stealing CC numbers in the retail industry. When I called Tiger Direct to let them know what happened they practically hung up on me and would not even entertain the idea that an employee might be in question.

Back