would this work?

Why not?

It would work, provided that the speakers and sub are powered, since the mixer speaker out is line level.

The UB pres are considered too low quality by most folks around here. I use them for phantom power though, just leave everything at unity gain, and you get less noise.

You could get something like an Audio Buddy for the mic pre, and probably have a cleaner signal path though.

I have the ghetto-budget-setup right now, and needed all of the mixer channels more than I needed the clean pres. So That's what I did (I got the 1622). :cool:

Also you might consider the 802 for a couple more bucks, that will get you a second mic input and another line in channel.

Re: Why not?

coloradojay said:

Also you might consider the 802 for a couple more bucks, that will get you a second mic input and another line in channel.

Actually looking at the 502 again, and looking at your picture, you'd have to swap your line in for your PC out, every time you wanted to listen to your mix, because there is only really 1 stereo pair of inputs. You'd want at least the 802 to make the diagram work. :)

On third thought:confused: :confused: :confused: - The audiophile has 4 inputs, so you could run the line in right into the audiophile, saving the added noise of the mixer. Then just use the mixer line in for playback, and the mic in for your mic pre.

OK, I'm done thinking about this now ;)

-J

...also, how do you get images to appear in the message?

First of all, the image has to be on the internet somewhere, the BBS won't hold the image file itself in the database or anywhere.

Then, when you get to the Post Reply or Post New Thread page, there's a row of buttons labeled vB Code. One of them is labeled IMG. Click it, and type the URL of your picture into the dialog box that appears.

actually you can attach it by going down under the reply box where it says attach and use browse to find the file on your hard drive...to do it this way it has to be under a certain size....usually converting to jpeg brings down the file size alot.......

Gidge said:
usually converting to jpeg brings down the file size alot.......

Yes. .bmp files are very internet unfriendly because of their size and usually aren't even supported by browsers.

actually you can attach it by going down under the reply box where it says attach and use browse to find the file on your hard drive...

Gidge, that's what he did do... he was asking how to get the image to appear inside the body of the post

usually converting to jpeg brings down the file size alot.......

You could also use the GIF format. Which is the best to use depends on the source. If it's a scanned image or a photograph, unquestionably a JPG is the best form for this purpose. But if it's a screen grab, a GIF is the better choice. Other kinds of stuff (simple line drawings, for example) it's a crapshoot.

Currently I've been using the RCA monitor outs of my 4 track (using it as a mixer) into the RCA inputs of the Audiophile, then running the RCA outputs to my stereo (not a cheapy stereo but a relatively good quality one with a decent amount of power) and it's been working out pretty good. I've actually ordered one of those Behringer mixers (the one that's a step up from the one you're getting) and use it as the mixer. I don't really see any problems I'd have with the setup. I want to think I can just use the tape outs (RCA) into the RCA inputs of the Audiophile. If not, I can get one of those RCA to 1/4" adapters and that should work. But for your setup, I don't really see any major problems.

Back