Would this work?

Event 20/20 v2's (link )

with a Hafler TA1100 (link )

8" passive monitors being pushed by 50watts per channel at 4 ohms?

*and while I'm at it - does it seem like a lot of places have stopped carrying hafler?

dementedchord said:
it should be ok if you dont push it too hard... it's a shame really but hafler went under...
Wow - I had no idea they went under. They've always been a pretty respected company. Did anyone else buy them (and their patents) out?

So when you say don't push "it" too hard - are you referring to the speakers or the amp? (I'm assuming the amp....)
Could I blow/damage one by hooking this combo up?

Thanks for the advice!
T

although i've seen some debate about it lately that makes me question some of my old data... the general concensus is you blow a speaker more easily by underpowering and consequently pushing the amp into clipping...

but yeah, better off getting a more powerful amp.

if they are 150w rated speakers, you want atleast 150 watts from the amp, if not more, like 200 or so. just how it goes, its what i learned and i dont wanna experiment to see if my teeachings were BS.

TragikRemix said:
but yeah, better off getting a more powerful amp.

if they are 150w rated speakers, you want atleast 150 watts from the amp, if not more, like 200 or so. just how it goes, its what i learned and i dont wanna experiment to see if my teeachings were BS.
Can you get too powerful an amp and damage the speakers?

of course you could.

which is why some people wire inline fuses between the crossovers and woofers and tweeters inside their monitors.

i just have my amp turned to about 7, and use the monitor volume on my interface, so if i push it to full on the interface, (which i never do) or if it happens accidentally, i wont be pushin the amp at full power and blowing the speakers. i just leave the amp alone.

OK - I think this combo will work:

Event 20/20 v2's (link )with a Crown PS 200 (link )

The speakers read like this: 150 watt (program) power handling (200W peak, and they are LOUD cabinets), 4 ohms impedance

The Power amp reads like this: Stereo - 170 Watts per channel into 4 ohms

Does this look OK? Should I be paying more attention to other amp or speaker specs?

Thanks,
Todd

the crown should more than suffice... especialy since it's power rateing is most likely in RMS and the speakers say peak power... in fact they'll be kinda overpowered... which aint necessarily bad if you watch it...

Back