Would love some feedback on my songs

You're right. You're not a singer. And yet, your style and delivery almost works in the first tune. I would work on refining it further. The whistles work well, nice verb on them, nice execution.

I want to hear something beyond the same riff ad nauseum. After a couple minutes, I want some variety. The breakdown near the end is good, but I'd transition to it much sooner.

Hope this helps.

-Todzilla

+2 on the vocals...your vocals have little bit of that soprano theme song feel to them, but they need work and they way they fit in the mix is a little weird to me. But keep experimenting and practicing, maybe something will click and fall into place with that. Most importantly, how do YOU feel about your vocals?

I like the overall recording quality. The tunes are fun and your music is pretty good. Keep up the good work and post an update in here when your stuff is updated I'll give another listen if you don't think I'm an asshole :D .
Take care and keep up the good work!

No I really Appreciate the feedback

That's why I posted it for all to hear...and judge...I want the criticism...because I am interested in learning and becoming better....

Again thanks and I will post updates once I get a chance to do some work on the songs... :)

I really appreciate the feedback

Keep in mind the recording have me singing, and once I find a real vocalist...the vocals will be redone...you guys are great....thanks for providing me with some great feedback...It all helps...

Henry Duthler said:
Keep in mind the recording have me singing, and once I find a real vocalist...the vocals will be redone...you guys are great....thanks for providing me with some great feedback...It all helps...

Dude, if you can get more control over your gravelly voice (think Tom Waits or the Sopranos theme song), you'll be fine. I'd just work on it line by line, sweating your delivery.

Careful not to find a vocalist who is on pitch and hopelessly boring.

Thanks

Ironically, that's how I record all of my vocals...line by line...time after time...but you know what? I agree...I had a vocalist that I worked with before...and he was too perfect...and it really took away from the emotion of the tunes...So I decided to just do it my way and have fun with it...it's gotten much better already since I started...everything in time right?

Back