would i be able to....

drumboi

would i be able to connect a behringer 1202 mixer which has 4 xlr inputs and 2 outputs, into an e-mu 0404 sound card which has 2 inputs, and be able to hear all 4 microphones even though there are only 2 inputs? if so, how would i do this? i will be recording using n-track.

Yeah, but bear in mind that you will only end up with 1 stereo track or two mono tracks.
All of the input channels on the mixer get "mixed" down to the two outputs.
If you want x number of simultaneously recorded tracks, you need a soundcard with that same x number of inputs.

how would i go about panning the microphones? and how would i be able to get mics 1 and 2 on one track, and mics 3 and 4 on the other?

Set n-Track up to record: Stereo > two mono tracks ...
Now what you will have coming out of your mixer to your soundcard is .... everything that is panned all the way left will go to one track and everything panned all the way right will go to the other.
Whatever mics you want on one track, pan them all the way to one side. Same goes for the other mics and track .... pan them all the way to the other side.
Hope this helps.

That's right. Set your two tracks in your software to the different inputs:
Track 1 - EMU input L
Track 2 - EMU input R

Then, on your mixer, pan channels for track 1 all the way left. Then pan all the channels for track 2 hard right.

Back