Worldclock Question

dragonworks

Banned
In my Yamaha O2R manual and the HD24 manual it states you will get better results if using multiple digital devises by slaving them to dedicated worldclock and they both mention being able slave to an ADAT BRC. I have a BRC, it has one Worldclock BNC output, both the HD24 and O2R have one BNC connector for worldclock in. My question is, since it doesn't explain in either manual, how am I to slave both the O2R and HD24s world clock to the BRC if it only has one out?
Excuse me while I kiss this guy, but I am sort of a newbie to this, it may be a simple answer like a splitter, but I am a simple guy.
Thanx

For smallish setups you can use a BNC T-connector on one of the inputs as a splitter and jump from that to the second device.

But I would bet that when using the BRC the HD24 will normally be the master and the 02R the slave, so you shouldn't need to send WC to the HD24.

By the way, it's considered preferable, if possible, to use the internal clock on whatever device is doing A/D conversion. If that's your 02R then it may be slightly better to slave the BRC/HD24 to the 02R rather than the reverse. But it's a pretty minor difference.

Last edited:
I will be setting this up soon and have to get it straightened out.
Thanx

Attachments

• o2r2.JPG
    o2r2.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 14
  • o2r1.JPG
    o2r1.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 13
I don't think you'll need word clock to the HD24. The BRC and HD24 should sync together through the ADAT Sync connection between them. Use the word clock connections on the BRC.

The HD24 and BRC essentially form one device. The 02R is a second device. One has to be the slave and one has to be the master. They both have input and output so you can set it up either way, but you have to change the master/slave settings in each device accordingly.

Use two cables and have it connected both ways so you don't have to repatch if for some reason you want to change the master/slave relationship.

Back