World Cup Crunch time!

Rah Rah is going down hill - yet again games are being decided by penalty kicks & not the brawl to get from one end to the other to put the ball down over the line.
It's getting to be more like soccer football every day.
Rugby league addressed this issue by making sure the goal had a value but not beyond its place.
I assume the frogs are going to be the ones to back now as the poms and boks are "the old enemy".
I love the sour grapes wine - cute!
The kiwis are really overreacting with an inquiry.
While we in Australia can't have our election started as the PM (who didn't wear his wallaby tracksuit the morning after) is afraid to do anything that might take the bread & circuses focus away from political incompetence.
& don't get me started on 20/20. I want to sit in front of the telly and watch an entire TEST MATCH.

Rah Rah is going down hill - yet again games are being decided by penalty kicks & not the brawl to get from one end to the other to put the ball down over the line.
It's getting to be more like soccer football every day.
Rugby league addressed this issue by making sure the goal had a value but not beyond its place.
I assume the frogs are going to be the ones to back now as the poms and boks are "the old enemy".
I love the sour grapes wine - cute!
The kiwis are really overreacting with an inquiry.
While we in Australia can't have our election started as the PM (who didn't wear his wallaby tracksuit the morning after) is afraid to do anything that might take the bread & circuses focus away from political incompetence.
& don't get me started on 20/20. I want to sit in front of the telly and watch an entire TEST MATCH.

So many points, I can't be arsed answering them all.

But what it comes down to is - if you were winning, you'd enjoy it more.

I happen to particularly enjoy watching rugby again all of a sudden, but am not so keen on watching one-day forms of cricket. I don't mind watching football, but if England don't beat Estonia convincingly on Saturday, I might start complaining about why we allow lesser teams in to spoil the competition and then go watch Lewis Hamilton in the F1 instead.

Nah, not sour grapes - I basically stopped watching union when the Super
12's started - I couldn't make hide nor hair of that comp - who's who & from where etc - and it ripped the guts out of our domestic comp too. That does rather coincide with the wallabies waning I suppose...
20/20 is a joke, 1 day cricket is a mildly entertaining distraction but nothing more.
Soccer/football - they should call it a submarine sport: "dive, dive, dive!" - mind you I didn't enjoy playing it so have had no affection for it. BUT a game that can be won on a PENALTY SHOOT OUT - come one!
I like coaching sporting teams, didn't mind playing rah rah & thugby but it's all been mucked about with so much to make it into a SPECTACLE that I take them off, (my spectacles that is), so I can't see it.
Don't even get me started on Ariel Ping Pong.

Back