Working with a Tascam M308

Well kudos to you...if it is sturdy and working then that's a worthy innovation in my book. I'm sure once you get around to sourcing the right cables and such you'll have the dysfunctionality out of the routing part as the rest of the setup looks very clean and logical. And BTW I'm not trying to slam the Mackie...sounds like an excellent use long-term to apply that as a keyboard submixer but I do think that (long-term) getting the M-308 situated as the hub for all your ins and outs, routing and monitoring would be advantageous.

Just love the population on that keyboard stand. Very nice.

My brother had a MiniMoog growing up. I was maybe 7 or 8 when he got it...he would have been around 10 and at that age he understood all the filters and envelopes and everything. He has always been the electronically savvy one between the two of us...at 6 I remember the "150 in 1" type electronics project kits from Radio Shack. I'd just watch big brother doing the projects but that was his foundational education in electronics I think. He's very smart. Someday I have to find the song we made up and tracked onto the Sony TC-630 that I still have here at my place now...need to fix that up, but he played drums and I played the Moog...he came up with the sounds and the melody of the keyboard part...I was just the hired hand :D. We had a lot of fun but thinking back that little keyboard made some fabulously "farty" sounds. I think he still has it. I think something is not working on it. I think I should fix it.

Keep us posted on your setup wouldja?

Absolutely.

And definitely get that Mini fixed. Ours is in great shape, outside of a calibration, and sounds awesome. They're worth some serious cash these days.

My Micromoog is kind of a basic, 1-oscillator version of the Mini but really they don't sound alike at all. Great for bass sounds though!

Back