working on ProTools - HD and Free ?

Grim Ltd.

For those of you who work on Pro Tools system ...
assuming that in the studio I work on HD version ... and and home I have lets say Digi 001 (or even old Audiomedia III) or new Mbox ...
can I write HD session to disk and then continue editing it on PT LE at home ... and than bring back to studio and finish on big HD system ?

I know that I would miss processing power of HD at home - but as for editing, arranging ... would that way work for me ?
If so - which od protools would be best for me (from above perspective) ... 001 ? mbox ?

would that work well at all ?

yeah it would work. just know that any TDM plugins won't follow your session. also, you'll have to reconfigure your outputs everytime you open your session on a different system since the I/O settings are saved with the session. No big deal really, just takes a couple seconds of your time.

Going cheapo-like with Mbox should work fine. Just make sure you have the latest pro tools and stay current with the same updates your studio does. Otherwise you might end up with a higher version at the studio than what you have at home and run into compatibility issues. Good luck!

Back