work in progress..

sjcrts

Well it's been a long time since I've posted a tune here, mainly because I haven't been able to be to musically productive, but anyway.....

This has been kicking around for quite a long time. I retracked some of this trying to learn my way around sonar (getting away from my small stand alone recorder).

I still need a bit more to fill out the ending and I'm waiting on drum tracks someone offered to do for me a while ago.

Any mix comments on what I have here would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

this will help.......

www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2356&alid=370

Last edited:
That's cool. I like the way you play. It sounds pretty decent here; real drums will only make it better. The parts where you're doubling the guitar lick with the bass...maybe some counterpoint with the bass would be cool. I dunno', I suck at bass, lol. Nice work.

Hey Chris, thanks for your response. Glad it sounded ok.

Your definatley correct about the bass. I hate trying to play bass, I'm no bassist either. I have a lot of respect for those that can play it well and give a song just what it needs.

Thanks...

Scott

hey Scott, I really like that part @1:20.. good start.. glad you're doing something about the drums.. the bass sounds a little thick on the bottom but I like the sound of it otherwise... guitars sound decent.. maybe could be a bit more in my face.. they could use a little something but I would wait until you have the new drum sounds before tweaking too much further.. should be cool in the end..

Hey sam, thanks....

The guy that said he'd do drums offered back in the spring. I'm probably going to have to look elsewhere lol....

Any suggestions on getting the guitars more "in your face" ? Are we talking just bringing up volume or a compression trick? Maybe it's the tone? I'm open to suggestions. :)

As far as the bass goes if I ever get real drums maybe it should be retracked. I think Chris is right, it needs someting.

Thanks for the reply!

Scott

Back