WooHoo FD-8 came today!

phillybean

Yay!
The FD-8 is awesome. I had little trouble to shoot, and about a 1 hour learning period.

I still have a few questions, though.
All my gear is at the drummer's house, so all i had to test it with today was a little radioshack mic, an acoustic/electric, and an Alesis drum machine.

But i did manage to squeeze out a pretty cool version of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".

My question is this: I recorded the stereo drums on to tracks 1 and 2 (1 being left and 2 being right), then i recorded the guitar in the center on track 3.
I wanted to put left side vocals on track 7 and some harmony on the right in track 8.
When i recorded on track 7, i got no vocals recorded on the track, but it did get all of the other tracks. The monitors were off, i had only head phones.
Then when i switched to track 8, it worked OK.

Waddup?

the only things plugged in are headphones in the front panel monitor plug, powered speakers in the RCA monitor plugs in back, and the mic in the track 7 XLR plug.

;) When you record on track 7, be sure that your "pan" knob (on the channel you are recording with) is in the middle, or to the left. If I'm recording one track at a time, I always keep it in the middle. Sounds to me like you had it "bussed" all the way to the right, which is why it DID work on track 8. kmar

[This message has been edited by kmar (edited 06-25-2000).]

Back