Wonder What You All Will Think Of This, Just Mixed It, Need Ideas For Mix 2

I like the song. Is this original? There seem to be a couple of other songs with the same title, one by Patty Griffin and the other a standard that Nat King Cole covered.

This is pretty good. Nice vocal. Two things I would focus on are levels on the lead vocal and some timing problems with the bass. On the vocal, some words and phrases are too low. You might work on getting the level consistent. Regarding the bass, I notice places where the timing is off on the changes.

It's limited too hard, for me. There's some odd compression going on - listen to 1:25-1:28. "..and the drugs" brings the whole track down in volume and then suddenly comes back up when the phrase stops. Listen closely. The music on the very next beat after that phrase springs back up very, very quickly.

The mix might be ok, but it's hard to tell with whatever is on that master bus. It's doing funny stuff to the mix. Really good vocal though, as far as performance. Nice.

First like the vocal...good voice. Agree with whatever you have going on with the compression or limiting. Music is not very consistent in volume. Sounds like the levels may be mixed ok, but the in and out is pretty obvious on my end.

I looked at the master buss and noticed a few spots where gain reduction was slightly higher than I would have wished, but the spot that was referred to when he sings "and the drugs" is actually the arrangement emptying out there as the drums change feel. Here is a slightly different version....I couldn't find any bass notes that weren't in time, although at the end it is free styled as it hits flypaper on a tempo retard.....Thanks for listening, and rock on.....
Sweet Lorraine by Barrett Ver Planck - Clyp

Back