Wireless guitar Mics ?

bluesbro

Hi all,

Looking to buy 2 wireless mics for guitar and bass. MF has an Audio-Techica (300 series) for $49. Any good?

Do different frequencies matter? UHF vs. VHF?

Any advise on buying?

Thanks
JD

I've only just started getting into recording but to me it seems stupid to want wireless mics for studio use. Chances are that if you're using them to record with, you'll want to use the same mics live (considering you have enough). As far as i know, and all I'd use wireless mics for would be for live vocals if the singer wanted to move around the stage. In a studio though you dont need to move the mic about and aslong as you have long enough leads you shouldnt have a problem using normal mics. Wouldnt you be better saving the money and getting one or two more mics that aren't wireless? As wireless tend to be a lot more expensive.

James

I want these mics for live practice. My 20 X 40 live PA room gets real loud with our drummer. The bass player and I tend to walk away when our drummer gets going. It would be cool if we can stand outside the room on the deck to jam.

JD

Sorry, just realized posted in wrong forum. This wireless system is not a microphone based but instrument.

Probably belongs in the guitar forum.

JD

Well, after some thought maybe it belongs here too. Since these wireless systems do output microphone and instrument.

I just wanna know if anyone likes the Audio-techica line or something else.
And if I should buy UHF or VHF models?

JD

a wireless guitar transmitter is totally different to having a wireless microphone. When you said a wireless mic i presumed you meant for your speaker cabinet / amp.

James

Back