Windows on all walls??

GtrGtrGtr

Hey guys I was just looking at treatments and reading the posts here on them and I may have a problem.

What if you have windows on 3 walls ? Two, one on each side of where a 72 inch desk will be ....that being the width of the room. Then one 3/4 from the rear to the desk on the long wall that being perhaps no more than 12 feet maybe less.

What is done with windows? I havent read anything addressing this issue yet . There has to be some home studios that have windows in them no?

Do I try to cover them, put some treatment in front of them? Thanks for your help! :thumbs up:

I also would like to know what is used on the ceiling ? A framed rock wool trap? A checkered sort of framed wooden tile? Nothing at times?

Last edited:
Well, you've got double problem - very small room and the long dimension 2X the short one. All the trapping you can squeeze in is the simple answer - rockwool - Roxul or OC703 or 705, 4" thick in corners, 2" for ceiling cloud and side reflection points. Most people don't want to hang traps over their windows, so heavy lined drapes could be tried as well.

My solution to the ONE window I have (which may not be as effective with mirroring windows), was THIS RIGHT HERE. Works like a dream. Really deadens the window. Comes in a variety of colors. Can be opened if I want to get the natural light in.
Gobos in front of the opposing windows might be a good option, though because you will have to kill more reflections at a wider frequency range.

My solution to the ONE window I have (which may not be as effective with mirroring windows), was THIS RIGHT HERE. Works like a dream. Really deadens the window. Comes in a variety of colors. Can be opened if I want to get the natural light in.
Gobos in front of the opposing windows might be a good option, though because you will have to kill more reflections at a wider frequency range.

This right here ..it is as the windows are a std size I got em for under 20.00 a panel Thanks I'll try these 1st ;)

Back