Windows 7 USB Headset problem

Jiri92

Alright guys, I'm trying to record myself making a track, I use Fraps for this.

My goal is to have the music I create and at the same time record my commentary with my USB Headset microphone.

However in Fraps I can get either the Stereomix OR my USB Headset-microphone but not both at the same time.

So I looked around on the internet, and nothing seemed to help. So I thought: well no biggie, I'll just load up Audacity and record myself while playing the game, but then I encountered an entirely different problem!

I discovered that I can play music through Foobar2000/watch youtube videos/etc and hear that, but if I press record in Audacity it gives me an error that I need to change input devices because it cant find any, but if I turn off Foobar and press the record button, I can record; HOWEVER, while I'm recording my USB headset-microphone in Audacity I cannot play music (foobar gives an error message).

Anyone can shed any light on whats happening?

You need to record one source at a time. Record the music in audacity. Go back and start a new track and record your voice-over.

Well that's not really that big of deal, my confusion comes from the fact that I can't play music (not record, just play) on my Foobar while I am recording, and I can't start recording while I'm playing something.

so a voice-over would be impossible since I can't hear what the video is playing so I can't comment on it

Back