Windows 7 is a BEAUTIFUL OS - Amazing!

strangedogs

And this coming from a loyal Mac User. I haven't even used my Mac G5 in weeks - using my new dual-core Windows laptop with Win 7 (Vista came on it but I installed Win 7 on another partition) - it's super sweet! Been using Sonar Producer 8 and just today got Presonus's Studio One - a GREAT DAW! The demo is available to download - I like it so much I'll probably purchase next week. I love Logic Studio and my Mac but am TOTALLY IMPRESSED by Windows 7 - it's a beautiful, fast, sleek OS and recording with it is just fantastic - Vista was sluggish and slow but Win 7 is much faster and I have only 2-gigs right now but am ordering 2 more so I can run the 64-bit version (although the 32-bit version runs super fast, slick and flawlessly) - Finally a Windows that impresses an old die-hard Mac user! Sonar Producer and Studio One are really nice DAW's too - HELL I MAY SWITCH BACK :eek:

There's so many great FREE amp sims (Acmebargig, Nick Crow, Lepou, etc.) and loads of FREE VST's and most all the new goodies being released daily are Windows only... I'm ordering a bare-bones from Tiger Direct shortly and gonna build a killer quad-core machine with a 22" monitor (or 2), 1 or 2 Terrabyte drives, etc for about 1/3 the cost of what a new Mac would set me back (my G5 is 1st gen from 2005). Apple dropped support for the PowerPC chip Macs (mine) and their new OS - Snow Leopard - won't even run on my Machine so I'm mad! I just spent hundreds on Logic Studio 9 a month or so ago but Apple isn't getting any more $$$ from me. I'm gonna be a PC WEENIE :p

Windows 7 is Amazing. I've used Macs for years and never thought I'd go back to Windows but Win 7 did it - I LOVE THIS OS! I'll install Ubuntu on a seperate partition as it's fun too - ARDOUR is a great Open-Source DAW... If you haven't tried Windows 7 you're gonna be in for a real treat. It loads super fast, hardly uses any resources (compared to Vista), has a great new taskbar and super kewl gadgets (that also don't consume hardly any CPU/Ram) - Vista left me about 1/2 of my Ram when it finished booting up - Win 7 gives me almost 75% and my dual-core CPU's are hardly being used... In Sonar with an Amp Sim, an Impulse loader and a few plug-ins loaded I was only using 15% of my CPU (only recording guitar most of the time with loops for drums and my Bass stuff I do on my midi keyboard). IT RULZ.

Last edited:
Come on Bill we know it's you!

And this coming from a loyal Mac User. I haven't even used my Mac G5 in weeks - using my new dual-core Windows laptop with Win 7 (Vista came on it but I installed Win 7 on another partition) - it's super sweet! Been using Sonar Producer 8 and just today got Presonus's Studio One - a GREAT DAW! The demo is available to download - I like it so much I'll probably purchase next week. I love Logic Studio and my Mac but am TOTALLY IMPRESSED by Windows 7 - it's a beautiful, fast, sleek OS and recording with it is just fantastic - Vista was sluggish and slow but Win 7 is much faster and I have only 2-gigs right now but am ordering 2 more so I can run the 64-bit version (although the 32-bit version runs super fast, slick and flawlessly) - Finally a Windows that impresses an old die-hard Mac user! Sonar Producer and Studio One are really nice DAW's too - HELL I MAY SWITCH BACK :eek:

There's so many great FREE amp sims (Acmebargig, Nick Crow, Lepou, etc.) and loads of FREE VST's and most all the new goodies being released daily are Windows only... I'm ordering a bare-bones from Tiger Direct shortly and gonna build a killer quad-core machine with a 22" monitor (or 2), 1 or 2 Terrabyte drives, etc for about 1/3 the cost of what a new Mac would set me back (my G5 is 1st gen from 2005). Apple dropped support for the PowerPC chip Macs (mine) and their new OS - Snow Leopard - won't even run on my Machine so I'm mad! I just spent hundreds on Logic Studio 9 a month or so ago but Apple isn't getting any more $$$ from me. I'm gonna be a PC WEENIE :p

Windows 7 is Amazing. I've used Macs for years and never thought I'd go back to Windows but Win 7 did it - I LOVE THIS OS! I'll install Ubuntu on a seperate partition as it's fun too - ARDOUR is a great Open-Source DAW... If you haven't tried Windows 7 you're gonna be in for a real treat. It loads super fast, hardly uses any resources (compared to Vista), has a great new taskbar and super kewl gadgets (that also don't consume hardly any CPU/Ram) - Vista left me about 1/2 of my Ram when it finished booting up - Win 7 gives me almost 75% and my dual-core CPU's are hardly being used... In Sonar with an Amp Sim, an Impulse loader and a few plug-ins loaded I was only using 15% of my CPU (only recording guitar most of the time with loops for drums and my Bass stuff I do on my midi keyboard). IT RULZ.

you must be a corporate user to be running the real thing already.
I just did a switch the other way went to OSX10.5 and Logic because of
continue battles with Sonar 7 and my quad core runnning XP64 along
with Vista. Vista is the biggest disgrace of an OS there is and I wouldn't
plan on 7 being any better.

What was it a couple of weeks ago they lifted the ban on running more than
3 apps at once. I lay off with the MS stuff, but how about the Cakewalk deal. I've gotten just as fed up with Sonar, when from 6 to 7 producer.
I think they had maybe 2 updates the program still is unstable. There solution was to hell with it lets roll out 8. They can blame it all on MS if they
want but eventually MS will have something much more stable and there
software is going to have to perform.

I've only be dabbling with Logic for a week but at least I can get a few tracks recorded and saved with out some thing locking up.

Just curious to what interface's your using on you mac and pc?

My interface (Boss GS-10) is a bit older but it's a Cadillac!! USB recoding and so many Amps, Cabs, Effects, etc I hardly ever use Guitar Rig or Amplitube anymore. The Boss comes with an Editor and Librarian software to set up your own presets too. It's amazing!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-GS10-Tabletop-Guitar-EFX-?sku=151430

sample clips on that page

It sold originally for $500 - I got mine a few months ago from Ebay for $105... Just a beautiful piece of hardware - I own 6 amps including 3 tube amps, but haven't even cranked one up in the past month or 2.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=92209

Good review on that link. I also had a Fastrack and a Presonus Inspire but this Boss baby is so much nicer and probably every effect known to man - because everything is done with hardware before it goes into Logic or Sonar I use very little CPU/Ram too. GET ONE - you'll thank me trust me on that. I get some amazing sounding TUBE sounds out of it (and I do know what tube amps can do). It stores 100 factory presets and 100 more user presets and I found literally hundreds of them around the net - also building your own in the editor software is really KEWL.

Back