Windows 10 upgrade.

Dave Holmes

Couple of questions...

1) I've pressed the upgrade button and have been staring at a spinny doughnut and the words "Please wait" for the last 10 minutes...

How long is it supposed to take; and why am I not being informed of its progress?

2) When it is done (and this could answer my third question) am I going to have to reinstall all my production software (Maschine - Studio One - Cubase etc) ?

3) Have I made a huge error in judgment in clicking 'upgrade'?!

I don't remember how long it took to upgrade my computer. 10 minutes seems short.

After the upgrade, I thought I lost everything.... emails, programs, preferences, registrations, everything. But after a couple of reboots, it all came back. I didn't have to reload any program and everything worked as before. Not sure why it took several reboots to bring back everything.

However, last week I bought a refurbished workstation and I loaded Win7 on it. I'm going to stick with Win7 for a while.

It was stuck... Had to get a quick win7 update and try again - it's actually downloading win10 now...

Fear sets in...

Thanks for the reply Chili

I would of checked if there was driver for your audio interface first. My friend had problems because of that.

Back